I can back these statements as wrong with research done by both myself and others over the years.
- The people in my DMS are my customers
Most of those people are also in several other dealer’s DMS’s
- Event Sales add to my bottom line
- I can use Predictive or modeled data to determine who is in the market
- If I only had a brand ownership list, it would give me the upper hand in marketing
This may be true for Service marketing, but not for sales
- Traffic = Sales
- Having my sales people take ‘control’ of potential customers will produce more sales
- Answering questions with actual answers make for a week sales person
- Pissing people off is the way to success
- ‘Be-Backs’ never come back
Truth #1 for marketing in the Automobile Dealership world: People buy on their own schedule.
Truth #1 for sales in the Automobile Dealership world: People buy from whom they want to buy and what they want to buy.
Both of the above have exceptions. However, modeling your processes around those exceptions is a good way to lose market share.